Mark your calendars – Terry Fox Run will be on Friday, September 23.
The Ridgeway PAC would like to invite all current families and new families in 2023 to a FREE end of school year BBQ at the school. Come and reconnect with the school community.
Come celebrate on Thursday April 21st 6:00-7.30pm Host a table Decorate a tri-fold (send request to email@example.com) Share food samples Dress in clothing that represents your background Complete a passport to enter a drawing! or Volunteer to help coordinate! The event features: Country or regional displays created by individual or groups of families / students (we will help coordinate) …
Ridgeway’s second Multicultural Fair is coming soon, celebrating our amazing cultural diversity!
Due to the popularity of this event, we’re making it bigger by shifting to the gym, including:
- ‘Country’ or regional displays created by individual or groups of families / students (we will help coordinate)
- Displays ideas include photos, facts, books, toys, crafts, or bite-size tastes of a regional snack or treat
- A craft area
- Beverage sale by the Grade 7s: coffee, juice, carbonated water
- Sign up to contribute to a table HERE
The Multicultural Fair is held on the evening or our Scholastic Book Fair and is a part of our annual PAC Family Fun Night. You can sign up to help at the book fair HERE.
…. and YES, there’s still a cupcake walk!
What is the cupcake walk?
A cupcake walk is like musical chairs: kids walk around a numbered circle – when the music stops, we draw a winner! The winner gets a plate of cupcakes. All for free! We will need cupcake bakers and volunteers – sign up here.
Join us November 29th for some Holiday Cheer.
Kick off the holiday season with fellow Ridgeway parents at this adult-only event, featuring light snacks & drinks. We thank the generous support of our partners for this event:
- Larry’s Market for amazing vegcuterie boards
- North Shore Neighbourhood House for funds to supporting parent engagement
- Ryker and Indigo for the wine!
- Many others for financial donations, dessert squares, and beer donations!
Thanks to their generous support, and our PAC fundraising, we are happy to make this an entirely FREE event!
BONUS – we are excited to have Larry’s Market joining us *in person* at the event to share all their exciting goodies and give you the opportunity to win a gift card!
Get to know your fellow parents & have fun!
When: November 29th at 6-9pm
Where: Ridgeway, Heritage Hall (enter from front of school)
Monday, December 2nd, please join us for this FREE Ridgeway family skate tradition at Harry Jerome Arena!
- Primary ice time is 6:15 – 7 p.m.
- Intermediate ice time is 7:15 – 8:15 p.m. The ice will be cleaned from 7- 7:15 p.m.
- Skating is FREE for all Ridgeway students and their families. All skaters must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- All student skaters must wear a helmet.
- Rentals are $2.95 for skates and $0.95 for helmets. The skate rental shop opens at 5:15 p.m.
- If you are renting, please purchase rental tickets upstairs at the Harry Jerome front desk before you visit the skate rental shop.
Wednesday September 18th
5:30-6:15pm Classrooms open
6:00-7:00pm Optional Dinner in the gym
ORDER HERE | Orders due Sept 15
Join us for an informal opportunity to tour your student’s classroom & connect with fellow families over a casual (optional) dinner in the gym. Pizza, Sushi or Wraps must be pre-ordered by Sunday, September 15 through Ridgeway’s online food ordering system (Munchalunch).
*Please note* ordering for Welcome Night is now in the regular ordering flow for fun lunch (not under fundraising).
Your supper order summary will be available for pick-up starting at 5:30pm near the gym on the night of the event. Volunteers needed!
Join us on Friday, September 6th to welcome back a new year – and welcome all the new parents to the school!
Ridgeway PAC will be serving up fresh coffee, thanks to the support of Blenz Coffee, with a chance to hang out, meet other parents, and get to hear more about the year ahead.
Welcome Back Coffee
Friday, September 6th
8:40am – 9:40am
Front of the school
PANCAKE breakfast is THIS Friday!!
This Friday June 7, 8:00 – 8:45 a.m.: Ridgeway PAC Pancake Breakfast, featuring “celebrity” servers (a.k.a. Ridgeway teachers & staff). Join us for FREE pancakes, juice, and coffee on the front school grounds. Parents and siblings are welcome.
Go GREEN – bring your own utensils to reduce our environmental impact.
Bring your CNV Library card for a special visit by the CNV Book Bike! You can check out books directly from the fair.
Spring Fair Raffle
- Raffle Grand Prize: Apple iPad, 128GB with WiFi in Space Grey sponsored by Neptune Terminals
- Second Prize: Summer of Ice Cream (regular cone or cup for 4 people, each week over 8 weeks in July & August 2019) sponsored by Welcome Parlour
- Third Prize: Holy Stone RC Drone with HD Camera sponsored by Griffins Boxing & Fitness. Fly responsibly, visit the rules for Canada here.
There are many ways to participate in the Spring Fair (including attending), and we recognize that not everyone can do everything. Your raffle ticket participation is encouraged, but not mandatory. If you do not wish to sell raffle tickets when they come home in April, please return the booklet as soon as possible to the PAC mailbox or your classroom teacher. This way, it can be allocated to another student.
To help us adhere to BC Gaming regulations about tracking tickets, please do not give your ticket booklets directly to another student.
Important Points About Raffle Ticket Sales:
- Tickets must be sold for $2.00 each, or $20.00 for a booklet of ten tickets
- The purchaser should fill out their name and phone number on all the tickets they buy. The student KEEPS the portion of the ticket with name and phone number (to return to the classroom), and GIVES the purchaser the tear-off portion of the ticket.
- BC Gaming regulations require that tickets be sold by and to an adult (age 19 years or older)
- If your family has sold all their tickets and wishes to sell additional tickets, please email president”at”ridgewaypac.org, and include your child’s name and class. If available, additional tickets will be delivered to your child’s class.
- All ticket money and ticket books (sold or unsold) should be returned to the PAC mailbox or classroom teacher no later than May 2.
- The two top-selling families will each receive a $20 Indigo gift card.
- The Raffle draw takes place during the Fair, at 12:30 p.m.
- Winners who are not present at the draw will be contacted at the phone number written on their ticket.