We fundraise and spend approximately $100,000 per year to support programs including:
- Sports equipment & intramural sports
- The Elementary Band program
- Fun lunch
- School library funding
- Events such as pancake breakfast, bike to school week, walk to school week & PAC family fun night
- Art programs such as pottery
- In-school sports expansion (dance, golf, tennis, etc)
- Guest authors and cultural experiences
- Sexual education
- Emergency preparedness equipment
- Technology purchases
- Discretionary funds provided directly to every individual teacher to offset out-of-pocket costs as well as the school / teachers to collectively put toward projects that benefit larger groups of students.
- Grade 7 Grad support
- Field trip support
- Care fund
In May 2018, we began a project to add new play spaces to Ridgeway. We have allocated $40,000 from our contingency fund to support this project, which you can read more about here.
For more information, please download our 2018/2019 Budget.