Bike to School Week is back! Get ready to walk, roll, or ride to school the week of May 30th!
Celebrate the nice weather and longer days by helping the kids get to school under their own power – on a bike, scooter, skateboard, or simply walking.
More details regarding scheduled events will be released later this month. Our school is also registered with the Hub Bike to School Week program, giving us a chance to win prizes based on our participation. So take this opportunity to try something different – dig out the bike pump and dust off the seats. Let’s get ready to ride!
Before you jump on your bike next week, think about safety!
- Wear a helmet and appropriate clothing.
- Make sure your child is aware of the rules of the road, and capable of riding in a safe manner.
- There are bike racks near the staff parking area / portables, and the fence around Quinn’s court or the school playgrounds are also available for bike parking.
- Don’t forget the bike lock! Students are always advised to lock their bike. Keys can be attached to a backpack, or kept by a parent who picks up the student after school. Combinations should be written in the student’s agenda or somewhere they can find it.
- It’s a good idea to label your bike or use an identifiable marker (e.g. a sticker or ribbon) to distinguish your bike from others that may look similar.
- As a regular safety precaution, take note of the bike serial number and keep it in a safe place at home.