With the school year now fully underway, it’s time to get the Ridgeway PAC process up and running officially for another year. Some key PAC points of interest:
- SURVEY!!! If you don’t participate in any other way this year (although we hope you will), please provide your input by taking the Ridgeway PAC survey. It will take about 15 minutes of your time, but, well, you’re worth it (and so are your kids).
- Regular PAC meeting Monday October 20, 7:00 p.m. in the school library. All PAC positions are up for election at the AGM in November, so come and announce your candidacy, or check out the others who are doing so. Agenda posted soon on the PAC Meetings page.
- PAC AGM and elections on Monday November 17, same time, same place. All Ridgeway parents are PAC members and can vote (or run) in PAC elections. It’s that, or Steelers vs. Titans. Come on.
Reminder also, to sign up for your $20 ten-minute family photo sitting. Truly the most economical and least painful way to get a jump-start on Christmas cards / in-law gifts / photo-wall-updating. Or just to get a great family photo. Approximately six spots remaining on Monday and Tuesday nights, October 20 & 21. Email email@example.com by this Friday October 17 to reserve your spot.
Food Skills for Families – a special opportunity for parents of Ridgeway, Queen Mary, and Westview, presented by North Shore Neighbourhood House. This FREE six-session program involves learning and hands-on cooking. Spaces are very limited so sign up quickly! More information here: Food Skills for Families Oct 2014
North Vancouver Parent Advisory Council – NVPAC – is the District Parent Advisory Council for the North Vancouver School District.
- Anyone can go to their meetings, but Ridgeway PAC specifically needs one or two reps to attend NVPAC meetings on behalf of Ridgeway PAC. Interested? Come to the Oct 20 PAC meeting, or email us.
- See info about their upcoming meetings on our site, but special note that upcoming meetings will feature a presentation about the NV District’s Assessment Handbook; a presentation on Outdoor School; and an all-candidates meeting for School Trustee candidates.
Last thing – please do the survey! Do it now!
That’s all, thanks for reading. If you like getting these updates, let your fellow Ridgeway parents in on the secret – tell them to follow us at ridgewaypac.org. Cheers until next time!