Start the new school year engaged and informed!
We invite you to join us to the first 2018-2019 Ridgeway Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting following the SOGI presentation (6:30-7pm) in the school library.
Monday September 16th, 7:00pm-8:30pm
(Free child minding provided)
We will discuss the latest school news with school administrators & share the outline of school events & PAC projects for the year – including updates about the proposed outdoor play space improvements! Please join us for a hands-on brainstorming activity to help determine Ridgeway community priorities.
We will be looking to fill the following open positions:
- Vice President(s) – 2 individuals to shadow the current President in her last year, learning how current tasks are done, the organization systems, and how to oversee the committees
- ** Position cannot be vacant for our PAC to run **
- Family of Schools representative (planning events among 5 schools in our school district)
- 4x dinner meetings to plan 1-2 yearly events including the annual Haunted Harvest Fair
- Representative will pitch in on planning / execution, relay info back to the school
- ** Position must be filled to partake in shared fundraising **
- DPAC representative – attend monthly meetings & share news from the District with the PAC
- Fun Lunch (additional 1+ admin volunteers) – help organize Munchalunch & coordinate weekly orders with vendors
The PAC functions primarily with committees! Come hear more about some of the fun ways to be a part of the school, including:
- Parent Socials
- Spring Fair
- Multicultural Fair
- Playground Development
- Emergency Preparedness
- Bike to School Week
- Craft Fair (TBD)
BONUS: the PAC will now supply a social stipend to support committees to get together for planning sessions!